1 block H point for a completed nomination form (only one per customer!)
All correctly completed forms will be posted in the library (anonymously)
10 entries will continue on to the primaries and will be posted school wideHere's What To Do:
- Choose a fictional character from a book.
- Turn in a ONE-page that includes (Use GOOGLE FORM BELOW):
- An image or photo of your nominee
- Party Designation: Villain or Hero
- A paragraph justifying your nomination (see below)
- Include the book if it’s not widely known
- Your name, grade and Academy
Nomination Paragraph must:
- Use academic language
- Include a thesis statement (see below) that gives 3 reasons
- Include details from the book that support your reasons
- End with a strong conclusion
- Be in Arial or Times New Roman, 12 pt.
Thesis statement format:
I nominate ______ for President because he / she
exhibits presidential qualities such as __________
has demonstrated presidential potential by ________
has the ______, ______, and ______ to lead our nation.
READY TO SUBMIT?
from Harry Potter series
I nominate Draco Malfoy for President because he exhibits presidential qualities such as intelligence, traditional values, and strength. The President of our great nation should have the intelligence to meet the challenges of our rapidly changing world. The late Professor Snape, former Headmaster of Hogwarts and long-time Potions Master, said once that Draco Malfoy was “one of the finest minds I have ever had the honor of teaching.” As a member of one of the finest wizarding families, Malfoy understands the importance of traditional wizarding values. He would protect our way of life as President as much as he did as a student at Hogwarts. Finally, Draco Malfoy will protect America against all threats and will not hesitate to use force to keep us safe. When Professor Dumbledore stood in the way of Lord Voldemort’s return, Draco was prepared to do whatever it took to ensure the dominance of wizards over muggles. He would show similar strength against America’s enemies today. The choice is clear. Draco Malfoy’s intelligence, values and strength make him an ideal candidate for President of the United States of America.